Toni Cade Bambara was born 25 March 1939 and died 9 December 1995
- Revolution begins with the self, in the self.
- All writers, musicians, artists, choreographers/dancers, etc., work with the stuff of their experiences. It’s the translation of it, the conversion of it, the shaping of it that makes for the drama.
- Writing is one of the ways I participate in transformation.
- Write a lot and hit the streets. A writer who doesn’t keep up with what’s out there ain’t gonna be out there.
- The purpose of a writer is to make revolution irresistible.
- Words are to be taken seriously. I try to take seriously acts of language. Words set things in motion. I’ve seen them doing it. Words set up atmospheres, electrical fields, charges.
- The dream is real, my friends. The failure to make it work is the unreality.
- I’ve never been convinced that experience is linear, circular, or even random. It just is. I try to put it in some kind of order to extract meaning from it, to bring meaning to it.
- Take heart to flat out decide to be well and stride into the future sane and whole.
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your love with a donation.