Happy Birthday, Rainbow Rowell, born 24 February 1973
- Sometimes writing is running downhill, your fingers jerking behind you on the keyboard the way your legs do when they can’t quite keep up with gravity.
- I feel like some sort of fiction-writing hobo, jumping trains and always hoping I’ll find a good place to start a fire in the next town. And I keep having these panicky episodes where I corner my husband and rant at him: ‘I don’t have anywhere to write! I can’t write! I don’t have a place to write!’
- I wrote all four of my books at Starbucks.
- Having a conversation on a landline is more intimate than talking to someone in person. Your voices are so clear and close – you’re in each other’s heads.
- To really be a nerd, she’d decided, you had to prefer fictional worlds to the real one.
- There are moments when you can’t believe something wonderful is happening. And there are moments when your entire consciousness is filled with knowing absolutely that something wonderful is happening.
- I tend to write about my anxieties – it’s what I’m afraid will happen. And I write a story working it out.
- Happily ever after, or even just together ever after, is not cheesy… It’s the noblest, like, the most courageous thing two people can shoot for.
- I know what it’s like to be distracted. To seek out distractions. To exhaust yourself doing every other little thing rather than face a blank page.
Source for image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar