Clement Freud was born 24 April 1924, and died 15 April 2009
Clement Freud Quotes
- If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don’t actually live longer; it just seems longer.
- Everything is held together, I suppose, by communication – cooking is gastronomic communication; being a soldier, you communicate by shooting people; journalism is a literary communication.
- In moments of considerable strain, I tend to take to bread-and-butter pudding. There is something about the blandness of soggy bread, the crispness of the golden outer crust and the unadulterated pleasure of a lightly set custard that makes the world seem a better place to live.
- Breakfast is a notoriously difficult meal to serve with a flourish.
- There are people I hate, I cannot remember why, but I will never forgive them; I walk out of parties to which they come, seat myself at another table if I find them sitting near me on a table plan. We grumps are designed not to suffer people gladly.
- Speaking to people who’ve seen you, heard you or read you, is fun – a good means of communication.
Source for Photograph
We love what we do! If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a monthly donation.