Edgar Lee Masters was born 23 August 1868, and died 5 March 1950
- To put meaning in one’s life may end in madness, But life without meaning is the torture Of restlessness and vague desire-It is a boat longing for the sea and yet afraid.
- To this generation I would say: Memorise some bit of verse of truth or beauty.
- It takes life to love life.
- How shall the soul of a man be larger than the life he has lived?
- In time you shall see Fate approach you in the shape of your own image in the mirror.
- I ended up with a broken fiddle — And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories, And not a single regret.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar