Alice Meynell was born 22 September 1847, and died 27 November 1922
- Happiness is not a matter of events, it depends upon the tides of the mind.
- There is something very cheerful and courageous in the setting-out of a child on a journey of speech with so small baggage and with so much confidence.
- If life is not always poetical, it is at least metrical.
- Dialect is the elf rather than the genius of place.
- If there is a look of human eyes that tells of perpetual loneliness, so there is also the familiar look that is the sign of perpetual crowds.
- The sense of humour has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter.
- Difficult thoughts are quite distinct from difficult words. Difficulty of thought is the very heart of poetry.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar