Timothy Leary was born 22 October 1920, and died 31 May 1996
- Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
- All suffering is caused by being in the wrong place. If you’re unhappy where you are, MOVE.
- The romantic poetry and fiction of the last 200 years has quite blinded us to the fact that emotions are an active and harmful form of stupor.
- To describe externals, you become a scientist. To describe experience, you become an artist.
- If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people.
- The language of God is not English or Latin; the language of God is cellular and molecular.
- We are dealing with the best-educated generation in history. They are a hundred times better educated than their grandparents, and ten times more sophisticated. There has never been such an open-minded group. The problem is that no one is giving them anything fresh. They’ve got a brain dressed up with nowhere to go.
Timothy Leary was an American psychologist and writer, known for his advocacy of psychedelic drugs. He is the author of The Psychedelic Experience
Source for image
If you enjoy our posts and resources, please consider this:
- If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly (or once-off) donation.
- You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.