Happy Birthday, Dan Brown, born 22 June 1964
Five Writing Quotes
- I don’t start writing until I have a very solid outline. Or else I’d get to the end and find out there is no ending, and that I just wasted three years of my life.The Da Vinci Code outline was a hundred pages. This one was probably about the same.
- Shakespeare is in my idea file, and has been for a long long time. Clearly the identity of Shakespeare has been debated and that’s a fascinating subject.
- I try to write books that are mainstream that simultaneously educate, that simultaneously show people art and literature that they might not otherwise be interested in.
- I don’t know where I would place myself in the literary landscape. I really just write the book that I would want to read. I’m somebody who likes codes and ciphers and chases and artwork and architecture, and all the things you find in a Robert Langdon thriller.
- I find the most interesting villains [are] those who do the right things for the wrong reasons, or the wrong things for the right reasons — either one is interesting. I love the gray area between right and wrong.
Dan Brown is a best-selling American author. His books have been translated into 52 languages and sold over 200 million copies. The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons have been adapted into films.
Source for Image