Happy Birthday, Andrew Sean Greer, born 21 November 1970
- It takes too much imagination to see the sorrows of people we take for happy. Their real battles take place, like those of the stars, in some realm of light imperceptible to the human eye. It is a feat of the mind to guess another’s heart.
- Here is a writer possessing the greatest talent: that of fully inhabiting the lives of others.
- Does love always form, like a pearl, around the hardened bits of life?
- I love going to writers’ colonies in pastoral settings where there’s nothing to do, but either walk around or read a book or work on your book.
- You write what you are compelled to.
- With each book I’m trying to do something that terrifies me.
Andrew Sean Greer is an American novelist and short story writer. He is the author of six works of fiction, including the bestseller The Confessions of Max Tivoli, The Story of a Marriage, and Less. Greer received the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction for his novel Less. Follow him on Twitter: @agreer
Source for image
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly donation. You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.