Happy Birthday, George R. R. Martin, born 20 September 1948
10 Noteworthy George R.R. Martin Quotes
- A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
- A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Sleep is good, he said, And books are better.
- People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it’s served up.
- Give me honourable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I’ll sleep more easily by night.
- Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.
- Some writers enjoy writing, I am told. Not me. I enjoy having written.
- Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them.
- There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.
- The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man’s life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.
George R. R. Martin is an American author best known for his A Song of Ice and Fire series, including A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1), which was adapted for television as Game of Thrones.
If you enjoy our posts and resources, please consider this:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly donation.