Charles Williams was born 20 September 1886 and died 15 May 1945
- An hour’s conversation on literature between two ardent minds with a common devotion to a neglected poet is a miraculous road to intimacy.
- Nothing was certain, but everything was safe – that was part of the mystery of Love.
- Love was even more mathematical than poetry. It was the pure mathematics of the spirit.
- I think in order to move forward into the future, you need to know where you’ve been.
- It is as pleasant as it is unusual to see thoroughly good people getting their desserts.
- How can one bargain for anything that is worth while? And what else is worth bargaining for?
- The devil, even if he is a fact, has been an indulgence;… while he exists, there is always something to which we can be superior.
Source for image