Selma Lagerlöf was born 20 November 1858, and died 16 March 1940
- It is a strange thing to come home. While yet on the journey, you cannot at all realise how strange it will be.
- There isn’t much that tastes better than praise from those who are wise and capable.
- Strange, when you ask anyone’s advice you see yourself what is right.
- He who is sorrowful can force himself to smile, but he who is glad cannot weep.
- Nothing on earth can make up for the loss of one who has loved you.
Selma Lagerlöf was a Swedish author. She was the first female writer to win the Nobel Prize in Literature. She is the author of The Wonderful Adventures of Nils.
Source for Image
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly donation. You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.