Anna Laetitia Barbauld was born 20 June 1743, and died 9 March 1825
- The most characteristic mark of a great mind is to choose some one important object, and pursue it for life.
- Nobody ought to be too old to improve.
- The dead of midnight is the noon of thought.
- You speak of beginning the education of your son. The moment he was able to form an idea his education was already begun. . .
- If an author would have us feel a strong degree of compassion, his characters must not be too perfect.
Anna Laetitia Barbauld was a prominent English poet, essayist, literary critic, editor, and children’s author. She wrote Eighteen Hundred and Eleven.
Source for image