Lorraine Hansberry was born 19 May 1930, and died 12 January 1965
Lorraine Hansberry Quotes
- That’s what being eccentric means–being natural.
- It is difficult for the American mind to adjust to the realisation that the Rhetts and the Scarletts were as much monsters as the keepers of Buchenwald–they just dressed more attractively.
- A woman who is willing to be herself and pursue her own potential runs not so much the risk of loneliness, as the challenge of exposure to more interesting men – and people in general.
- Do I remain a revolutionary? Intellectually – without a doubt. But am I prepared to give my body to the struggle or even my comforts? This is what I puzzle about.
- I wish to live because life has within it that which is good, that which is beautiful and that which is love.
- The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely.
- We only revert back to mystical ideas – which includes most contemporary orthodox religious views, in my opinion – because we simply are confronted with some things we don’t yet understand.
- There is always something left to love. And if you ain’t learned that, you ain’t learned nothing.
- Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.
Source for Image
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar