Ogden Nash was born 19 August 1902, and died 19 May 1971
- Children aren’t happy with nothing to ignore, And that’s what parents were created for.
- Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.
- Progress is a fine thing, but it’s gone on long enough.
- To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you’re wrong, admit it; Whenever you’re right, shut up.
- You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.
- Oh, what a tangled web do parents weave when they think that their children are naive.
- People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.
- When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.
- Middle age is when you’re sitting at home on a Saturday night and the telephone rings and you hope it isn’t for you.
- There is only one way to achieve happiness on this terrestrial ball, and that is to have either a clear conscience or none at all.
- I think that I shall never see a billboard lovely as a tree. Perhaps, unless the billboards fall, I’ll never see a tree at all.
- Too clever is dumb.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar