Happy Birthday, Amish Tripathi, born 18 October 1974
- A bad book and good marketing won’t work, the same way a good book and bad marketing will also not work.
- Creation and destruction are the two ends of the same moment. And everything between the creation and the next destruction is the journey of life.
- When I write, I tend to be quite cut off from the world. At that point of time, I’m not thinking about editors, publishers or readers. I write the story the way it comes to me.
- Myths are part of our DNA. We’re a civilisation with a continuous culture. The effort to modernise it keeps it alive. Readers connect with it.
- I think that one should be natural, not just when it comes to writing but in every area of life. If you try to be something that you are not just to impress others, then it’s a rather sad life.
- Standing by and doing nothing while a sin is committed is as bad as committing the sin itself.
Amish Tripathi is an Indian author. He is well known for the Shiva Trilogy, which started with The Immortals of Meluha. The series has become the fastest selling in the history of Indian publishing.
Why we ask you to buy us a coffee:
- We like to keep our site free of clutter and advertising so you can focus on your craft.
- If you find you’re inspired, educated, or even entertained by our posts, please give us a donation.
- We’ll keep Writers Write about writing and nothing else.