Auberon Herbert was born 18 June 1838, and died 5 November 1906
- The career of a politician mainly consists in making one part of the nation do what it does not want to do, in order to please and satisfy the other part of the nation.
- If we cannot by reason, by influence, by example, by strenuous effort, and by personal sacrifice, mend the bad places of civilization, we certainly cannot do it by force.
- I venture to prophesy that there lies before us a bitter and an evil time.
- You will not make a man wiser by taking freedom of action from him. A man can only learn when he is free to act.
- Every tax or rate, forcibly taken from an unwilling person, is immoral and oppressive.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar