Happy Birthday, Prue Leith, born 18 February 1940
- When you get to fifty-two food becomes more important than sex.
- I wanted to make lots of money. Why don’t women say what they want, why wait to be asked? Do women intuit that it is unacceptable to appear ambitious?
- But what’s the point of writing an autobiography if this big part of your life is not going to be in it?
- Read a lot. Take writing lessons. Stick at it.
- I’ve been an entrepreneur, a writer, a food correspondent. I might have been an architect – but I’m bad at maths.I’m a great admirer of Richard Rogers.
Prue Leith is a South African restaurateur, television presenter, cookery writer, and novelist. She has spent most of her working life in London. Her works include Relish: My Life on a Plate, The Food of Love, and Leaving Patrick.
Source for Image
Become a Writers Write Patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please show your love with a monthly donation.