Paula Danziger was born 18 August 1944, and died 8 July 2004
- Good writing is remembering detail. Most people want to forget. Don’t forget things that were painful or embarrassing or silly. Turn them into a story that tells the truth.
- The books are funny and sad, and that’s what people respond to.
- Normally, I name my characters after famous comedians.
- I think my books talk about kids learning to like and respect themselves and each other. You can’t write a message book; you just tell the best story you know how to tell.
- Read as much you can; write, rewrite, take acting lessons.
- In my next life, I want to be tall and thin, parallel park and make good coffee. But for now, I have lots of stuff to work out in my life, but I’ll have that until the day I die. I want to write more books.
- When my father would yell at me, I told myself someday I’d use it in a book.
Paula Danziger was an American children’s author. She wrote the Amber Brown and Matthew Martin series.
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar