Happy Birthday, Grace Lin, born 17 May 1974
- Your imagination will create many friends.
- The early readers are in-between books for the kids who aren’t ready for novels yet but are done with my picture books. It’s really rewarding to think that they can grow up reading my books at all the different levels.
- Stories are not a waste of time.
- Being an author and an illustrator comes with great challenges as well as rewards. The entire book becomes your vision, which is wonderful but also difficult as the complete responsibility of how it is received is placed on your shoulders.
- If you make happy those that are near, those that are far will come.
Lin is an American children’s writer and illustrator. Her books include Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, The Year of the Dog, Dumpling Days, The Ugly Vegetables, and Dim Sum for Everyone!
Source for image