Happy Birthday, Deanna Raybourn, born 17 June 1968
- One of the joys of writing historical fiction is the chance to read as much as you like on a pet subject – so much that you could easily bore your friends senseless on the topic.
- I could not love a man who did not love Jane Austen.
- I adored history, not the dry dates and boring battles, but the stories and the people who populated them.
- To know how a character will behave in any given situation is a necessity and a gift.
- If you lift the romantic element out of my plots, you still have fully formed mysteries. In the same fashion, if you pull the mystery out of a historical romance, you are left with a perfectly satisfying story.
- Without an expectation of success, one is rarely successful.
Source for image