Happy Birthday, Craig Johnson, born 16 January 1961
- I also enjoy the mechanics of writing, rolling up your sleeves in the face of that empty, blank page and getting started, following through with a story and seeing where it takes you.
- As a writer, you get to know what your strengths and weaknesses are and, if you’re honest, you get to work on both.
- My father says I come from a long line of bullshitters, and I’m just the first one to write the bullshit down. I guess a lot of it comes from being interested in people, enjoying listening to them talk about themselves, and trying to recreate conversation in a novel.
- I’ve always read a lot, and I think readers make good writers. I think that might be one of the reasons I enjoy writing and reading, the effort. It’s not a passive form of entertainment, you have to put some effort out to get anything from it and that appeals to me.
- I’m interested in who done it as much as the next guy, but I suspect that I might be more interested in what happens to the people who are involved after a crime has been committed. How life continues along with the investigation of criminal activity. And I’m interested in consequence.
Craig Johnson is an American author. He has written twelve novels, two novellas, and a collection of short stories featuring Sheriff Walt Longmire. The first book in the Longmire series was The Cold Dish. The novels were adapted for television and in 2017, Longmire concluded its sixth and final season.
Source for image and quotes: Craig Johnson
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar