Jean Renoir was born 15 September 1894, and died 12 February 1979
- The truly terrible thing is that everybody has their reasons.
- All great art is abstract.
- The average object in highly technological eras is ugly. Only the great artists are the exceptions. We live in an era in which one must be a great artist or nothing.
- Is it possible to succeed without any act of betrayal?
- A director makes only one movie in his life. Then he breaks it into pieces and makes it again.
- The foundation of all civilisation is loitering.
- My dream is of a craftsman’s cinema in which the author can express himself as directly as the painter in his paintings or the writer in his books.
Jean Renoir was a French film director, screenwriter, actor, producer and author. As a director and actor, he made more than forty films. As an author, he wrote the definitive biography of his father, the painter, Renoir, My Father.
Source for Image