Agatha Christie was born 15 September 1890, and died 12 January 1976
15 Agatha Christie Quotes
- Very few of us are what we seem.
- There was a moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I assumed the burden of a profession, which is to write even when you don’t want to, don’t much like what you’re writing, and aren’t writing particularly well.
- Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master.
- Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind, and your soul is revealed by your actions.
- I specialise in murders of quiet, domestic interest.
- I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
- The best time to plan a book is while you’re doing the dishes.
- I’ve always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.
- An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.
- Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
- Every murderer is probably somebody’s old friend.
- I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention — invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble.
- One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one.
- An appreciative listener is always stimulating.
Agatha Christie was a British crime writer of novels, short stories, and plays. She is best remembered for her 66 detective novels featuring Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. Her works include And Then There Were None, Murder on the Orient Express, Death on the Nile.
Christie is believed to be the best-selling novelist of all time. Her novels have sold roughly four billion copies. The other 10 best-selling authors are featured here. (Read Analysing Agatha Christie – How to become the best-selling novelist of all time.) Christie wrote in her library at Greenway House.
Source for Image
If you enjoy our resources, please support us:
We love what we do. If you like our posts, please consider supporting us by becoming a Writers Write Patron.