L. Frank Baum was born 15 May 1856, and died 6 May 1919
L. Frank Baum Quotes
- Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
- Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilisation. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity.
- Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
- I have learned to regard fame as a will-o-the-wisp which, when caught, is not worth the possession; but to please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one’s heart and brings its own reward.
- There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid.
- It is a callous age; we have seen so many marvels that we are ashamed to marvel more; the seven wonders of the world have become seven thousand wonders.
- The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to create, to invent, and therefore to foster civilisation.
Source for Image