L. Frank Baum was born 15 May 1856, and died 6 May 1919
L. Frank Baum Quotes
- Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
- Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilisation. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity.
- Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
- I have learned to regard fame as a will-o-the-wisp which, when caught, is not worth the possession; but to please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one’s heart and brings its own reward.
- There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid.
- It is a callous age; we have seen so many marvels that we are ashamed to marvel more; the seven wonders of the world have become seven thousand wonders.
- The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to create, to invent, and therefore to foster civilisation.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar