Happy Birthday, Eric Maisel, born 14 January 1947
- Creativity is the marriage humanity makes with eternity.
- Life is too short not to create, not to love, and not to lend a helping hand to our brothers and sisters.
- To create you must quiet your mind. You need a quiet mind so that ideas will have a chance of connecting.
- Dream, but expect nothing. Desire, but expect nothing. Hope, but expect nothing. Release your need to control and gain real control.
- There are an infinite number of rewards you could bestow on yourself for working at your creative projects, and you deserve every one of them.
- We have enough experiences in a day to make art for a decade.
- Settle into mystery as you would settle into your most comfortable chair. Listen. Have visions. Lose yourself.
Eric Maisel is an American psychotherapist, teacher, coach, author, and atheist. His most popular books include Fearless Creating, The Van Gogh’s Blues, and Coaching the Artist Within. The author is widely regarded as Americas foremost creativity coach. He writes the Rethinking Mental Health blog for Psychology Today online, a monthly print column for Professional Artist Magazine, a weekly blog for Fine Art America, and occasional pieces for the Huffington Post.
Are you interested in more authors’ birthdays? Please click here: Literary Birthday Calendar