Dalene Matthee was born 13 October 1938 and died 20 February 2005
- One always writes for that one person who knows more than you do.
- But memories got left behind while you kept walking on; every time you had to retrace your steps further to return to your memories, and sometimes it was better not to turn back at all.
- The longer you explore a rain forest, the more captivating it becomes, and all the time it’s mysteries deepen.
Dalene Matthee was a South African author best known for her Forest Novels, which were set in and around Knysna. The most famous title of these is Circles In A Forest, a novel about the extermination of the elephants and the exploitation of the woodcutters of the Knysna forest. Her books have been translated into fourteen languages, and over a million copies have been sold worldwide. You can read a 1984 interview from Fair Lady here.
Source for image: Dalene Matthee
If you enjoy our posts and resources, please consider this:
- If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a small monthly (or once-off) donation.
- You can help us keep Writers Write about writing – and free of clutter and advertising.