Happy Birthday, Audrey Niffenegger, born 13 June 1963
My advice for other writers is to get out in the writing world, take some classes, form a writing group, submit things to litmags… and then, once you have finished your manuscript, follow the leads your writer friends will give you to help you find an agent.
Quotes from The Time Traveler’s Wife
- There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.
- It’s hard being left behind. It’s hard to be the one who stays.
- Don’t you think it’s better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?
- I wanted someone to love who would stay: stay and be there, always.
- Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments line up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?
Audrey Niffenegger is an American writer, artist, and academic. She is best known for her novel, The Time Traveler’s Wife. She is also the author of two illustrated novels, The Three Incestuous Sisters and The Adventuress. Follow her on Twitter: @AANiffenegger
Source for Image