Monique Wittig was born 13 July 1935, and died 3 January 2003
- It is quite possible for a work of literature to operate as a war machine upon its epoch.
- I am with fire between my teeth and still nothing but my blank page.
- A text by a minority writer is effective only if it succeeds in making the minority point of view universal.
- One is a writer, or one is not.
- The basic agreement between human beings, indeed what makes them human and makes them social, is language.
Wittig was a French author and feminist theorist. Her second novel, Les Guérillères was a landmark in lesbian feminism.
Source for Image