Happy Birthday, James Frey, born 12 September 1969
Seven James Frey Quotes
- You only live once, buy Picassos whenever possible.
- There is no fear. Absolutely no fear. When one lives without fear, one cannot be broken. When one lives with fear one is broken before one begins to live.
- Trauma is survivable, but often not much more. It kills you while allowing you to still live.
- I’m just going to write my books and do my work and release it. Let the world decide what it is, and if it’s any good or not.
- The point of what I do is that it doesn’t really matter what a book or a story is as long it moves you, informs you, challenges you, entertains you, or changes you.
- Some people think memoirs should be held to a perfect journalistic standard. Some people don’t. Obviously I don’t. My goal was never to create or to write a perfect journalistic standard of my life. It was always to be as literature.
- And as ridiculous as it may sound, sometimes all any of us needs in life is for someone to hold our hand and walk next to us
Five Pittacus Lore Quotes
- I don’t like bullies. No one has a right to take or to hurt just because they can.
- The price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
- Those things that are the most obvious are the very things we’ve most likely to overlook.
- My experiences have taught me that things rarely improve with a simple change of scenery.
- A wise man once told me that only by leaving someone good can you meet someone better.
James Frey is an American writer. His books A Million Little Pieces, My Friend Leonard, and Bright Shiny Morning were worldwide best-sellers and he has been published in 31 languages. He is the and Founder of Full Fathom Five, a transmedia production company responsible for the best-selling Young Adult series “The Lorien Legacies”. He writes the young adult science fiction books under the pseudonym Pittacus Lore. I Am Number Four, The Power of Six and The Rise of Nine were New York Times Best-sellers. The Fall of Five is the fourth book in the series and will be released August 2013.
Source for Image
Please click here for our Literary Birthday Calendar