Happy Birthday, Ray Kurzweil, born 12 February 1948
- Play is just another version of work.
- Death gives meaning to our lives. It gives importance and value to time. Time would become meaningless if there were too much of it.
- You create your brain from the input you get.
- Our brains are subject to either sudden or gradual decline with age, to self-destructive addictive behaviours, to depression and anxiety disorders, and to many other limitations, not to mention potentially catastrophic lapses of judgement.
- Yes, well, the subjective experience is the opposite of the objective reality.
Ray Kurzweil is an American author, computer scientist, inventor, futurist, and a director of engineering at Google. He is the author of The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology.
Become a Writers Write patron:
If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please support us with a donation.