Happy Birthday, Timothy Zahn, born 1 September 1951
- I’ve found that what most people call luck is often little more than raw talent combined with the ability to make the most of opportunities.
- If the new movies do contradict my books in some way, I can probably come up with some hand-waving story that will explain the apparent discrepancy. If there’s one thing we authors are good at, it’s hand-waving.
- When you understand a species’ art, you understand that species.
- Without trust, there can be no genuine peace. Neither in politics, nor in the quiet individuality of the heart and spirit.
- Luck is merely an illusion, trusted by the ignorant and chased by the foolish.
Timothy Zahn is an American writer of science fiction and fantasy. He is the author of more than 40 novels, including the Dragonback series, and the best-selling Star Wars™ novel, Heir to the Empire.