Happy Birthday, Lisa Scottoline, born 1 July 1955
- I read, therefore, I matter.
- I still think I’m writing Nancy Drew with a mortgage.
- Truly I never thought of myself as writing legal thrillers, and I still don’t think I do. I write stories about women.
- The truth is that every writer, whether it’s fiction or nonfiction, is trying to write something truly original and that’s what I think I’m doing.
- If it weren’t for book tours, I would never leave my house.
- I get up around 8 o’clock, which gives me enough time to walk dogs and feed chickens and horses. Then I get to work in my home office upstairs, and basically, I don’t stop until I’ve written 2,000 words and/or the Stephen Colbert show is over.
- I love my job, and I love books. I read anything, including cereal boxes.
- I love writing both fiction and memoir. Both have unique challenges; bottom line, fiction is hard because you have to come up with the credible, twisty plot, and memoir is hard because you have to say something true and profound, albeit in a funny way.
- I write with the assumption that my life is like your life.
- Do you know what they call people who hoard books? Smart.
Lisa Scottoline is an American author of legal thrillers. Lisa has over 30 million copies of her books in print and is published in over 35 countries. Her most recent novel is After Anna.
Source for image