Happy Birthday, Candace Bushnell, born 1 December 1958
- You don’t have to do everything by the time you’re 30. Or 40. All you need is a work ethic. It’s what allows you to push through moments of disappointment and self-doubt and fear.
- I started writing about New York as soon as I arrived. I was 19. I used to write short stories and send them out.
- As I’m writing, certain things become clear to me and certain things begin to feel right and make sense. The pieces start to fall into place.
- You need characters who want things. They want love, they want recognition, they want happiness.
- When it comes to people — don’t write about who you know; but what you know of human nature.
- I just wanted to be a writer. I was always attracted to books by English authors. I thought they were very, very glamorous. I read Evelyn Waugh and thought that was the ultimate.
Candace Bushnell is an American author and columnist. She is best known as the best-selling author of Sex and the City.
Source for Image
If you enjoy our posts, please consider this:
We want to keep our blog free of clutter and advertising — so you’re not distracted and can focus on your craft. If you’re inspired, educated, or entertained by our posts, please give us a donation. We’ll keep Writers Write about writing and nothing else.