Writers Write is your one-stop writing resource. In this post, we share links to all the tips you’ll ever need for writing your short stories.
On 12 January 2017, Mia Botha started writing about short stories when she created the 12 Short Stories Challenge.
Every week she wrote a post on the craft of penning a short story. We’ve put them together in one bumper post. If you want to write short stories, take some time to explore them.
[If you want to learn how to write a short story, sign up for our online course.]
Short Story Challenge – All The Posts On Craft
- 10 Awesome Reasons For Writing Short Stories
- What Exactly Is A Short Story And How Do I Know If I Am Writing One?
- The Complete Guide To Evaluating Your Short Story
- 40 Writing Competitions To Inspire You
- My Short Story Writing Process – In 12 Easy Steps
- Even Short Stories Need Goals
- Where Do You Start Your Short Story?
- Whose Story Is It Anyway? A 3-Step Process To Finding Out
- 4 Super Easy Ways To Create Characters For Short Stories
- 3 Important Points To Remember When Creating Antagonists In Short Stories
- 2 Types Of Conflict To Squeeze Into A Short Story
- How Much Story Do You Need In Your Short Story?
- 6 Top Tips To Write A Kick-Ass Short Story
- 12 Secrets To Help You Shorten Your Short Story
- 13 Tips To Help You Lengthen Your Short Story
- How To Make The Most Of Scenes In Short Stories
- How To Make The Most Of Sequels In Short Stories
- How To Learn From The Best Short Story Writers
- 5 Ways To Sneak Setting Into Short Stories
- How To Show And Not Tell In Short Stories
- 6 Ways To Experiment In Short Stories
- 14 Tips For Entering Short Story Competitions
- 4 Types Of Viewpoint To Consider In Short Stories
- 7 Points To Consider When You Choose A Tense For Your Short Story
- A Bit Of Love For Your Short-Story Telling Soul
- Silver Screen Inspiration For Short Story Writers
- Word Count Problems: What’s The Deal With ‘Exactly’?
Top Tip: If you want to learn how to write a short story, sign up for our online course.
by Mia Botha
Buy Mia’s book on how to write short stores: Write the crap out of it and other short story writing advice
If you enjoyed this post, you will love: