Dorothy Parker was born 22 August 1893, and died 7 June 1967.
The Most Memorable Dorothy Parker Quotes
- This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.
- Don’t look at me in that tone of voice.
- I don’t know much about being a millionaire, but I’ll bet I’d be darling at it.
- I hate writing, I love having written.
- That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgement.
- I’d like to have money. And I’d like to be a good writer. These two can come together, and I hope they will, but if that’s too adorable, I’d rather have money.
- But I don’t give up; I forget why not.
- The only “ism” Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
- Living well is the best revenge.
Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you,
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren’t lawful,
Gas smells awful.
You might as well live.