“Memoir… may look like a casual and even random calling up of bygone events. It’s not; it’s a deliberate construction.” ~William Zinsser
Have you always dreamt of writing your life story, but you have not known where to start?
Secrets of a Memoirist will help you write your memoir.
- We help you to craft your story into a cohesive memoir.
- We cover the importance of a timeline that allows you to tell your story.
- We look at the most important part of your memoir – the theme.
- We will check that you have plotted your book correctly. (Yes, memoirs do have plots.)
- We ask you to consider what a reader expects from a memoir and if yours fits the bill.
There are probing exercises that reveal your story’s strengths and weaknesses.
We use the points below as a starting point to check that you have covered everything you need to cover – and, more importantly, if you have done it correctly.
- Time Span – how to frame your story
- Emotion – how to engage readers
- Theme – highlighting the one that suits your story
- Plot – choosing the correct plot for your story
- Conflict and Suspense – how to balance pacing with reality
- You as a character – recreating yourself as a character
- Dialogue – how you speak in a memoir
- Setting – how to describe your memories
- Putting it altogether
Perhaps you’ve always dreamt of writing your life story, but you haven’t known where to start.
Perhaps you wonder if you’re disciplined enough to complete your memoir.
Perhaps you want to know if you have a story that’s worth telling.
Whatever your reason, Secrets of a Memoirist, will clarify these things for you. The course removes obstacles and creates a structure that allows you to write your story.
P.S. If you want to learn how to write a memoir, join our Secrets of a Memoirist course.