Writers Write is your one-stop writing resource. In this post, we share a useful checklist for beginner bloggers to use.
Blogging is an essential part of most of our lives and businesses in the 21st century. It is a wonderful way to promote your brand, connect with your customers, and create an online story for yourself.
Hopefully, you have already started a blog. If not, start today. Research shows that SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) does not work on its own. You need to generate constant content to remain relevant – and to be visible on the internet. This is the best way for people to find you on the world wide web.
I’ve created a checklist for beginner bloggers to help you start your blog.
A Checklist For Beginner Bloggers: 7 Practical Tips
- Just Do It: Blogging does not evolve naturally and it is not driven by a mysterious muse. It’s hard work, and you have to learn how to do a few things, like setting up a blog and writing for the internet. Beginner bloggers have to commit. [Read: 10 Things You Need To Remember When You Start A Blog]
- Take A Blogging Course: If you just can’t seem to get it right on your own, you may want to look at getting some help. If you’re in South Africa, join us for The Complete Blogging Course or sign up for the online version.
- Start A Blogging Calendar: This is so important. Once you create a routine, with days allocated to different types of posts, your life will get easier. [Read: Practical Hacks For Planning Your Blogging Calendar]
- Learn How To Write Great Headlines. You’re wasting your time if you spend hours on a brilliant post and you don’t add that headline that makes people click on your link. But, be careful not to create misleading titles. Make sure that your content delivers on the promise of the title. [Read: More Than 100 Blog Headlines That Will Boost Shareability]
- Decide On The Content Types You Want To Create: Do you want to feature a weekly podcast? Do you want to write a monthly ‘How-To’ column? Do you have a list of people you would like to interview? Remember that you need to stick to your business. At Writers Write, we blog about creative writing, business writing, and blogging. People follow us because they are interested in these topics. Whichever format or type of content we choose will be about one of these topics. [Read: 40 Types Of Content That Will Make Blogging Easier For You]
- Work On Your Social Media Accounts: Work on making your social media platforms work for your blog. The two need each other, and you need them. If beginner bloggers can get them to work together, you have more chance of making it worth your while. [Read: How To Make Money Blogging]
- Learn The Basics Of Formatting A Post: Use your white space, use a simple, decent-sized font, use headings and sub-headings, use images, make sure that your readability statistics are good, and avoid pop-up advertising and flashing images. [Read: 11 Reasons Why I Won’t Be Returning To Your Blog]
I hope these resolutions inspire you to want to become a more determined, successful blogger.
If you enjoyed this post read: