Promoted Post: Scrivener is a word-processing program and outliner designed for authors. Scrivener provides a management system for documents, notes, and metadata.
Six Good Reasons For Using Scrivener
- Outliner, corkboard and index cards, scrapbook… Scrivener unites everything you need to write, research and arrange long documents in a single, powerful app. Scrivener won’t tell you how to write—it simply provides everything you need to start writing and keep writing.
- Created by writers, for writers, Scrivener is actually tailor-made for long writing projects. It banishes page fright by allowing you to compose your text in any order, and in sections as large or small as you like. Got a great idea but don’t know where it fits? Write when inspiration strikes and find its place later, growing your manuscript organically, idea by idea.
- Whether you plan or plunge, Scrivener works your way. You can hammer out every last detail before typing a word, or carve out a draft and restructure later – or both. In Scrivener, everything you write is integrated into an easy-to-use project outline. So working with an overview of your manuscript is only ever a click away, and turning Chapter Four into Chapter One is as simple as drag and drop.
- Need to refer to research? In Scrivener, your background material is always at hand. You can open notes right next to your work, write a description based on a photograph, or transcribe an interview, and take notes about a PDF file or web page. You can even check for consistency by referencing an earlier chapter alongside the one in progress.
- Once you’re ready to share your work with the world, Scrivener’s Compile function can knit everything into a single document. You can print, self-publish, or export to popular formats such as Word, PDF, Final Draft or plain text – or even share using different formatting, meaning you can write in your favourite font but still satisfy those submission guidelines. For more details, take a look at our website: Scrivener
- Don’t take our word for it! From plotting and planning to penning and publishing, we’ve helped all types of writers from beginners to New York Times bestsellers start writing and keep writing. Take a look at our Testimonials page.
by Julie Pierce
Julie is a Director at Literature & Latte Ltd, creators and publishers of Scrivener. She lives in Cornwall, England. A former journalist, she now writes for fun – though not as often as she’d probably like. Her favourite books include anything by Margaret Atwood and Joseph Heller’s Something Happened.
Advertise With Us
If you want to advertise with us, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request our media kit, which includes all the metrics and advertising options.