Two weeks ago I wrote a post about ideas for blogging content. This week I put together a selection of styles and formats for posts that I hope will appeal to creative people.
If you’re looking for a way to flex your creative muscles, try one of these formats for your next blog post.
23 Blog Post Ideas For Creative People
- Create a fake job advert. For example: Writing Assistant Needed
- Create a fake resume. For example: The Perfect Novelist
- Draw something and share it.
- Write a post by hand, then photograph and share it.
- Make a list of things that start with the same letter. For example: My 5 Favourite Books Whose Titles Begin With A ‘C’
- Make an alphabetical list of 26 items starting with each letter of the alphabet. For example: The A-Z of Writing Tips. (Make sure you can find one for each letter of the alphabet.)
- Put together a list of your favourite blogs. Write a sentence or two about why you love them.
- Put together a list of your favourite Facebook pages. Tell us why you follow them.
- Put together a list of your favourite Pinterest boards. Tell us what you like about them.
- Put together a list of your favourite Instagram accounts.
- Tell a story with gifs or photographs. Or both.
- Write a blog as a ransom note.
- Write a blog as a wanted poster.
- Write a post as a press release.
- Write a post as if you are writing a commercial.
- Write a blog using a fairy-tale format. Start with ‘Once upon a time…’ and end with ‘And they all lived happily ever after.’
- Write a minimalist post in the form of a haiku. Ask readers to share their haikus in the comments section.
- Write a post in the form of a rhyming poem.
- Write a list of instructions.
- Write a post as a shopping list.
- Write a post in a recipe format. For example: To write this book, you will need the following ingredients…
- Write a post as a letter.
- Write an obituary for something that seems to have disappeared, or something you miss. For example: A typewriter.