A copywriter is ‘a person who writes the text of advertisements or publicity material’. Because we all write for our businesses in one form or another, we have to learn how to write copy.
According to CopyBlogger, copywriting ‘is the art and science of strategically delivering words (whether written or spoken) that get people to take some form of action’.
If you want to grab people’s attention, or sell something to them, you have to write copy that tempts and persuades.
According to Ashlyn Carter, there are three kinds of copy that make people click on your link:
Ashlyn says that these three types of copywriting connect from the heart and cut through the noise. She offers you 16 phrases to use that will make a difference for email marketing, blogging, and adverts.
From Ashlyn Writes:
If you are interested in learning more about persuasive writing, we suggest you read these posts:
- Three Steps to Better Business Writing – Ethos, Logos, Pathos
- Persuasive Writing Brainstormer Template
- 7 Tips For Witing A Brilliant Opinion Piece
- Persuasive Writing – Emotional vs Intellectual Words
- Remember Your Reader – Persuasive Writing Tips
- Persuasive Writing Checklist
If you want to improve your business writing skills, join us for The Plain Language Programme. If you want to learn how to blog and write for social media, join us for The Complete Blogging and Social Media Course.