Thank you for the wonderful response to our Short Story Challenge. It’s awesome.
Because of the number of enthusiastic writers, I’ve decided to change the submission process a little. I have created a closed group on Facebook: 12 Short Stories In 12 Months. Remember this is not a competition. It is an exercise in discipline, a learning opportunity and an awesome adventure.
How do you participate in the challenge?
Step 1: Write your story.
- The Prompt: The List
- Word count: 1500 words
- Deadline: 15 February 2017
Step 2: Join the Facebook Group. Click here: 12 Short Stories In 12 Months
Step 3: Post your story. Please only post one story every month.
Step 4: Read the other submissions and feel free to comment, offer advice, and learn from each other.
- You can only comment if you have submitted a story. Please respect this.
- Be kind. We are all learning and receiving feedback is hard and sometimes terrifying.
- When you comment, try to mention what is good about the story as well as suggestions for improvements.Mean people will be obliterated and blocked. NB!
Step 5: Start working on your story for the next month.We want 12/12!
Read last week’s post on short stories here.
by Mia Botha
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- What Exactly Is A Short Story And How Do I Know If I Am Writing One?
- 10 Awesome Reasons For Writing Short Stories
- Writing Prompts For January 2017
Join our online course: