We are thrilled to announce the second 12 Short Stories Writing Competition.
Please note: This year, the competition will be on a separate site. If you are already a 12 Short Stories member you will need to create a profile on the new site.
Members who have signed up for Level 2 will receive an email with their login details.
Here are the details:
Prompt: The Cottage.
Word count: 1200 words
Deadline: 19 September 2018
The prizes are amazing!
- This year we have second sponsor – Scrivener.
- The main prize is the Writers Write Online Course AND a desktop version of Scrivener 3 for macOS or Scrivener for Windows
- Read more about the other prizes here: Prizes
How to enter:
Step 1: Log on to www.competitionforwriters.com
Step 2: Register.
Step 3: Pay with PayPal and return to merchant.
Step 4: Submit your draft by 19 September 2018.
- Use the My Space tab | Submit story
- Complete the form
Step 5: Read and comment on at least four stories.
- Use the My Space tab | Read stories
Step 6: Submit your final story by 10 October 2018.
- There is only one deadline this year: Your story must be on the site by 19 September 2018. You will have time to rewrite the story. Your final story must be on the site by 10 October 2018.
- The site, and the posting procedure, is different to the 12 Short Stories site. I look forward to your feedback.
- By paying the fee you need to accept the terms and conditions: Terms & Conditions
Any questions, please mail: email@example.com
by Mia Botha
Buy Mia’s book on short stories: Write the crap out of it: and other short story writing advice
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- 6 Good Reasons To Use Scrivener To Write Your Book
- I Never Knew – Submit Your Eighth Short Story For 2018 Today
- 31 Writing Prompts For August 2018
- Word Count Problems: What’s The Deal With ‘Exactly’?