everywhere and they are cool. I have become an infographic hoarder. I can’t
resist downloading them, and, judging by our page views and downloads, I am not
alone. So the answer to that question should be yes.
little peeved that people aren’t as excited about your tables and pie charts as
they are about infographics.
are so popular:
- They work because humans are visually inclined.
- They allow us to convey a lot of information on one image.
- They beat PowerPoint.
- They look good.
- They give us something to share on social media platforms that can be linked back to our website.
- They contain branding elements like logos and web
addresses, which creates brand awareness.
- They can go viral.
- They can boost search rankings, because they are re-blogged and
shared, if you use links.
- They force you to simplify your message, making it more
accessible and understandable.
- They are easy to make and track.
You just had to reread the last point, right? Yes. They
are easy to make. You don’t need to be a designer, but a good eye and good
taste will help. There are several sites that allow you to make your own
infographics. They are user-friendly and
Before you sign up and spend hours staring
at a blank screen, write a blog post with all the
information you want to convey. Think of an infographic as a blog post made
visual. (Information + Story + Design = Infographics.)
Check out this infographic for some tips: 10 Rules that Make an Infographic Cool, Effective and Viral
And one more to help with design: What makes an infographic bad
I have also included an awesome infographic layout cheat
sheet from Piktochart: