Cormac McCarthy is an American novelist and playwright. He has written many novels, including The Road, No Country for Old Men, All the Pretty Horses, and Blood Meridian.
- McCarthy isn’t afraid of delving into the dark side of America.
- McCarthy makes violence a thing of beauty.
- McCarthy hates talking about his own work.
- McCarthy doesn’t mind insulting literary giants.
- McCarthy dislikes semi-colons and exclamation points.
- McCarthy prefers scientists over writers.
- McCarthy is a master at creating brilliant, violent nihilists.
- McCarthy still types all of his novels on an Olivetti typewriter.
- Werner Herzog also thinks McCarthy’s a badass.
- McCarthy is a pessimist — but a courageous one.
By David McMillan. Read more (and details) here.