What is social media and how does it relate to your blog?
Social Media is not a traditional sales or advertising platform. Social media is an engine that allows you to reach your customers. Think of it as a lure that draws people to your blog. Once you have their attention, show them who you are and why they should be interested in you. Social media is the vehicle that delivers and amplifies newly created content on your website or blog.
The major social media networks include:
Social media should be used to share useful, entertaining information and to add value to your followers’ lives. It should not be used to post random comments and promotional messages. [Read 25 Types Of Content That Make Your Blog Irresistible]
How does creating content lead to sales?
- By encouraging people to find out more about you. The content you share on social media platforms should encourage your followers to click through to your website. Clicking the link leads to sales. ‘Likes’, ‘shares’ and ‘retweets’ are not good enough. What matters is that they go back to your website or blog and spend time there.
- By eliminating repetition. If you don’t have new content and they have already seen everything you have to offer, you are wasting their time. This is why fresh, relevant, content that is uploaded daily or weekly to your website or blog is crucial. This is the most important part of social media. If you don’t have the base with all the goodies on it, why do you even have social media platforms?
- By improving your search engine optimisation (SEO). Creating new, valuable, relevant content will also land your company on the first page of search engines. We all use Google to find what we need and you need to make sure your company is there. The old SEO tactics no longer work. Content is king.
Top Tip: Have Something To Sell.
Once people arrive on your blog, make sure you have something to offer them. If you are a large company selling goods, this is self-explanatory.
If you're working for yourself, you can sell your expertise by promoting your own products. Sell digital products like e-books, e-courses, and online coaching sessions. (Our online courses will be available for purchase in early 2017.)
The only way to build your brand’s credibility is by constantly creating content that you can display on your website or blog. [Read 5 Things You Need To Know About Content Marketing] You also need to follow other blogs on your topic and blogs that help you with all things Internet-related. Trends are also important. Here are 7 Trends Bloggers Cannot Afford To Ignore.
Who should be in charge of creating content?
- Somebody who cares. This content on your blog must be written by someone who knows your brand. It is a waste of time to hire a company that is not intimately connected to, and invested in, your company to do it for you.
- Somebody who works in your business. Ideally, you should train one staff member who loves your brand and give that person the job of maintaining your blog and sharing content on your social media platforms.
- Somebody who is a good writer. It should be someone who writes well. This is the new publishing, and you cannot claim social authority with poor writing skills. It is not a part time job. Creating content and maintaining your accounts will take eight hours a day.
How do we know it works?
The Internet brings Writers Write more than 90% of its business. Almost every query we have for a course, a consultation, or a service originates through social media channels and our blog. If you ever feel overwhelmed, I suggest you read this post: 40 Types Of Content That Will Make Blogging Easier For You
10 Things You Need To Remember When You Start A Blog
180 Emotionally Powerful Words To Use In Headlines
23 Interesting Blog Post Ideas For Creative People
Why you can't postpone investing in social media
- Three Top Tips for Writing for Social Media
~~~Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.