Everybody knows that a story needs a clear beginning, a great middle, and a satisfying end. Our short story workshop equips you with a plot recipe that you can use repeatedly.
This workshop will help you learn:
- How to use images in short stories.
- How to create believable characters.
- How to keep you clear of the ‘muddle in the middle’.
- A simple method of plot construction for short stories.
- How to create the climactic moment of the plot that brings about change.
- Why the ending must fit the character and the situation, and satisfy the reader.
- How to prepare and submit a manuscript that would stand out in a competition, or impress a publisher.
Join us for Short Cuts. Learn the recipe, apply it, and you will leave the workshop with a completed story.
Where? Dunkeld North, Johannesburg
How long? 09:00 – 16:00
How much? R2 565, 00
To find out more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Excellent content. Excellent facilitator. I really feel that I will be able to achieve what I set out to do. ~Carrie
- Methodical, well-structured, detailed - yet easy to comprehend. Anthony was friendly, relaxed, confident, approachable and encouraging. ~Angela
- Beautiful venue. Great course. Approachable, experienced facilitator. ~Rudy
- I thoroughly enjoyed all the content. 5/5 ~Nicolette
- I found the course very helpful and I'm motivated to become more serious about my writing. ~Danae
- Filled with great tips. Writers Write courses never fail to deliver. ~Maria
- The practical nature is extremely helpful. The non-threatening approach allows one to accept valuable guidance. I am inspired to write a story; more importantly, I believe it can be done. ~Colleen
- I am equipped with the skills to write a short story. Thank you. ~Castro
We have compiled a selection of our favourite Short Story Quotes for you to enjoy.
Writers Write offers the best writing courses in South Africa. Writers Write - Write to communicate.