Writers Write is your one-stop resource for writers. This post will help you to make your amoral protagonist more likeable.
Sometimes there’s a hero who is darker than an anti-hero. This character is amoral or morally challenged. We found this article on io9.com and we thought they came up with some great ideas to get your readers on this type of character’s side.
Nine ways to make readers care
- Make their ends noble even if their means are evil
- Ensure there is a line even they won’t cross
- Give them someone or something they care about
- Show us how they lost their moral compass
- Make everyone else worse than they are
- Give them a sense of humour
- Make them lose
- Falsely accuse them of worse crimes
- Make everyone hate them
Read the full article here: 10 Ways to Make Everyone Root for Your Amoral Protagonist
If you enjoyed this article, you will love: