1. Do you teach writing courses?
Yes, we teach writing courses. We have a variety, including blogging, creative, and business writing courses.
2. Do you offer online courses?
Soon. We are working on this.
3. Can you help me publish my book?
We are not a publishing house. We are not affiliated to any publishing houses, and we do not make any fake promises, but we can suggest you try these resources:
If you want to follow the traditional publishing route in South Africa, please contact PASA, The Publisher's Association of South Africa - 0217629083 – and look for publishers there.
If you want to self-publish in South Africa, you can try one of these options:
Please remember that we do not endorse any of these companies.
4. Do you know any book publicists in South Africa?
We do not endorse anybody, but you can try:
- Love Books in Melville also hosts book launch parties
5. Can you recommend a literary agent?
No, but we recommend that you explore these options from the agency database at Lit Rejections:
- UK Literary Agencies
- US Literary Agencies
- Canadian Literary Agencies
- Australian Literary Agencies
- German Literary Agencies
- French Literary Agents
6. Can you help me produce my screenplay?
Unfortunately not. You can try the agencies listed here:
7. Do you accept guest post submissions?
Yes, we do. Please take a look at our submission guidelines. It must be about writing though. Seriously. Writing.
8. Do you sponsor or subsidise students?
No, we don't. We do offer payment options, though.
9. Do you offer manuscript appraisal services?
Yes, we would love to read your manuscript, but it is a paid-for service. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you the information.
10. Can I send you my poetry?
11. Can I use your blog post / infographic / quotes for my
classroom, blog etc.?
Sharing is caring, but crediting is love. Feel free to share it and use it, but please keep us in the link.
12. Can I send you a copy of my book for review?
No, unfortunately you can’t. We have a review agreement in place that keeps us pretty busy.
13. Do you offer editing or proofreading?
We do. Please send an email to email@example.com. We’ll put you in contact with a person who knows their/there/they’re stuff.
14. Do you offer internships?
Not right now.
15. Do you have a job for me?
We don’t, but we wish you the best of luck in conquering the working world.
16. Can you help me find a ghostwriter?
We know some people, who know some people, who can help you out. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to help you find one.
17. Will you speak at my event?
We’d be happy to consider it. Please send a request to email@example.com.
18. Can you promote my event or service on your blog
and social media pages?
No, we don’t offer that service.
19. Can you send me a daily writing prompt?
Yes, definitely. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words DAILY PROMPT in the subject line. We will add you to our mailing list.
20. Where are you?
We are based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
21. Where can I find you on social media?
Join us here:
We hope that helps.