Writers Write is a resource for writers. Use these lists to help you select the positive and negative character traits you need for your characters.
Traits are formed by a person’s behaviour and attitude to others. We all have good and bad character traits and we should remember this when we describe people.
Every character will have positive and negative personality traits. Make sure you have created real people rather than caricatures by giving your cast a selection of both.
350 Character Traits – A Fabulous Resource For Writers
Have fun, and happy writing.
If you want to receive a free daily writing prompt, click here to join our mailing list.
If you enjoyed this post, you will love:
- The 4 Main Characters As Literary Devices
- 15 Questions Authors Should Ask Characters,
- 10 Things To Consider When Naming Characters,
- Creating Characters – Five Mistakes Beginner Writers Make
- 5 Ways Setting Affects Your Characters
- The 7 Critical Elements Of A Great Book
- 9 Literary Terms You Need To Know
by Amanda Patterson
© Amanda Patterson